CivicOptimize forms can be built to capture survey/poll data from users. This article walks through how an example of how to build a survey form.
- (Optional) Create a List of the available survey responses you will use throughout the form
Note: If your survey will have repeated selections (such as rating an item 1-5), this will allow you to use the list to populate elements instead of having to manually add the options for each question. You can also add color indicators, if applicable.
Create a new form and fill out any necessary details on the Summary tab
Access: If you would like to allow users to submit anonymously, select the Public option.
Note: If needed, customize the form submission display.
- Access: If you would like to allow users to submit anonymously, select the Public option.
- Navigate to the Builder tab and select Add New Element
- Select the Heading element
- Add a heading for the form in the Label field
- (Optional) Add an Information element with a description of the survey or questions
- Select the Radio Buttons element to start adding your survey questions to the form
- Fill out the Element Details. Make sure to select your previously created List, if applicable.
- Label: Add the question or survey prompt
- Default Value: If needed, choose a value to be selected by default
- Required: Toggle on to require the user to fill out the field prior to submitting the form
- Display a Hint: Add a hint to give additional information regarding the item
- Display as Buttons: Will display the radio buttons as buttons instead of circles (recommended)
- Show Conditionally: Toggle on if you wish to only show the element under a certain condition
- Custom: Manually create your own options
- List: Choose from a predefined list
- Repeat steps 7-8 until all your questions are added
- Add any additional elements such as a Text element for collecting comments
- You can also include Email or Phone Number fields for capturing optional contact information
Note: In the example above, we added a condition where the email address field will only display if the user has selected Yes in a previous field asking if the City can contact them.
- (Optional) Click Add Page to break the form elements into separate pages
- Click Save
- Preview your form
- On the Workflow tab, add a Submission Event to the form. This will allow you to send submission data to specified email addresses.