When an app is created a subdomain is set for the app.
- URL: https://(account name)-(app subdomain)-(environment name).app.oneblink.io
- Account Name: The name assigned to your organization's account (name or acronym of the organization)
- App Subdomain: This can be anything, usually the name or shortened version of the app name (myapp)
- Environment Name: The name of the environment the app is in (test, dev, etc.)
- Note: The environment name will not be included for apps in the production environment. For more on Environments check out this article.
You can also set custom domains for their apps, removing the need to include any references to the Account, Environment or CivicPlus.
Adding a Custom Domain
- After creating an app and setting the subdomain, open the My Apps menu
- Select Manage to open the App Details page
- Click Set Custom Domain
- Type in the domain name you would like to use and select Save
- Note: This must be a domain that you own and have access to.
- After clicking save you will be presented with the next steps with instructions to the following Name Server values to your parent domain
- Once the domain is ready the Custom Domain Name Status will update showing that the domain is ready to be used
Remove Custom Domain
- To remove/delete a custom domain, simply select the See custom domain status' button on the app details screen, and click the DELETE button
- A confirmation pop up will appear to verify you are sure this is the domain you want to delete. Click the Delete button again, and the custom domain will be removed and the original app domain will be reinstated.
If you have any questions or would like assistance with setting up your Custom Domain, please contact support. We are happy to assist in any way we can.