You can create and manage all your CivicPlus content and data from our single, unified, and integrated platform. This article will show you how to integrate your Headless Content Management System (HCMS) instance with CivicOptimize.
There are some current limitations with this integration, these are listed below:
- Adding Content: You are able to add new elements to the form, but it will appear as the last field of the Content Type, even if you reposition the new form element in the form builder. This means that the structure of the content when you view it in the HCMS might not exactly reflect the CivicOptimize form.
- Changing Content: If you change an element type in the form, you will also be changing the Content Type field type in the HCMS. This will mean previous records of that element may not be able to be displayed in the HCMS.
Field Names: If submitting to the HCMS, Element Names:
- Must be unique when converted to lower case (i.e. Using "Element1" and "element1" as Names for separate elements allowed by CivicOptimize but will fail if submitted to HCMS as it will see them both as "element1").
- Cannot contain special characters other than underscores and dashes (such as # & ' / %)
- Cannot start or end in an underscore or dash
- Cannot exceed 40 characters
To alleviate these issues, try to ensure that the CivicOptimize form is in a close to completed or completed state before submission.
Not finding what you are looking for? View additional resources
Set Up the Integration
- Navigate to Advanced Tools > Integrations
- Select the Setup Integration button on the HCMS card
- Input the Base URL, Client Id, and Client Secret, then click Save
Note: When configuring, the HCMS URL string should not contain a forward slash (/) or a space at the end.Note: The Client Id and Client Secret can be found on the HCMS under Settings > Clients
Add an HCMS Submission Event to a Form
- Navigate to the Forms tab and select your desired form
Note: Element Labels within your form must be less than 35 characters in length to store in the HCMS.
- Select the Workflow tab and click Add Submission Event
- In the Event Type drop-down, select HCMS
- Add a Content Type Name (this is the name that will appear in the HCMS)
- Configure remaining fields, as needed
- Encrypted Elements: Select any form elements that should be encrypted
- Tags: Select tags to associate with the event
Categories: Select any categories you want to map to the event
Note: If you have an HCMS List configured on the form then this will automatically pull in any selected categories and add it to the category of the content being created.
- Exclude Elements: This allows you to remove elements from the PDF that may not be relevant to this recipient
- PDF File Name: Enter the desired name for the PDF attachment
- Display submission ID in PDF: Turning this on will ensure the submission ID is added as a footer to each page of the PDF
- Display external ID in PDF: Include the External Id/Receipt Id in the footer of the PDF
Page break on form pages: Turning this on will create a page break in the PDF that reflects the page breaks in the form itself
- Encrypt PDF: Controls whether the PDF that is generated and submitted to the HCMS is set as encrypted
- Run Conditionally: Set conditional parameters for the submission event
- Click Save
- Now when you submit the form you will be able to see the new Content Type in your HCMS instance and the content items being added to that type