You can create and manage all your CivicPlus content and data from our single, unified, and integrated platform. This article will show you how to integrate your Headless Content Management System (HCMS) instance with CivicOptimize.
There are some current limitations with this integration, these are listed below:
- Adding Content: You are able to add new elements to the form, but it will appear as the last field of the Content Type, even if you reposition the new form element in the form builder. This means that the structure of the content when you view it in the HCMS might not exactly reflect the CivicOptimize form.
- Changing Content: If you change an element type in the form, you will also be changing the Content Type field type in the HCMS. This will mean previous records of that element may not be able to be displayed in the HCMS.
- Field Names: If submitting to the HCMS, Element Names:
- Must be unique when converted to lower case (i.e. Using "Element1" and "element1" as Names for separate elements allowed by CivicOptimize but will fail if submitted to HCMS as it will see them both as "element1").
- Cannot contain special characters other than underscores and dashes (such as # & ' / %)
- Cannot start or end in an underscore or dash
- Cannot exceed 40 characters
To alleviate these issues, try to ensure that the CivicOptimize form is in a close to completed or completed state before doing submission.
- Navigate to the Integrations menu
- Select the Edit Integration button on the HCMS card
- Input the Base URL, Client Id, and Client Secret, then click Save
- Note: When configuring, the HCMS URL string should not contain a forward slash (/) or a space at the end.
- Note: The Client Id and Client Secret can be found on the HCMS under Settings > Clients
- Navigate to the Forms tab and select your desired form
- Note: Element Labels within your form must be less than 35 characters in length to store in the HCMS.
- Select the Workflow tab and click Add Submission Event
- In the Event Type drop-down, select HCMS
- Add a Content Type Name (this is the name that will appear in the HCMS)
- Click Save
- Now when you submit the form you will be able to see the new Content Type in your HCMS instance and the content items being added to that type