The Apps menu is used to manage, create, and delete apps. Apps allow you to create consolidated views of forms that can be accessed by anyone or restricted to a set of users.
Not finding what you are looking for? View additional resources
Create an App
By default, your account will be set up with a demo app. These instructions walk through how to create additional apps, as needed.
- Navigate to the Apps
- Click the + button in the bottom right of the page
- Fill out the New App fields
- App Name: Add a name for your app
- App Subdomain: The subdomain is the part of the URL that refers to the specific app. This can be changed on the Summary tab after creation and is usually derived from the app name.
App Type: Choose to have your app display as a Forms List or Tiles.
- Forms List: A Forms List app has a single-level navigation displaying a list of forms and a side menu.
- Tiles: A tiles apps allow for a second level of navigation, allowing you to consolidate forms within categories. Tiles have added configuration including labels and icons.
- Click Save
- Select Manage on your app
- Configure app details on the Summary tab
- App Name: The name of the application, this will appear in the "My Apps" menu
- Description: Add a short description of the app
- App URL: Customise the subdomain of your app URL. You can also set custom domains.
- App Type: Choose to have your app show as a Forms List or Tiles
- Use custom domain reCAPTCHA: CivicOptimize currently supports using custom Google reCAPTCHA keys
- Notifications: The email address of the user who is creating the app will be entered by default. Add any additional email addresses that should be sent notifications if form submission events fail. This field is required.
Progressive Web App Settings
- App Name: This is the name that will appear below the app icon on the device
- Splash Screen Name: This is the name that will appear when the app is first loaded on the device (limit 12 characters)
- App Icon: The icon for the application; the icon must be a PNG and at least 192 x 192 pixels in size and no larger than 512 x 512 pixel
- Email Sending: Email Sending addresses allow you to change the sending email address for any out-of-the-box emails that are sent using your app. For example, Email + PDF workflow events can be sent from your email (firstname.lastname@example.org) instead of the default email address.
- Shared Drafts: Turning on this configuration will ensure that all drafts saved on the app are shared with all other app users. Forms users will be warned when saving a draft notifying them that it will be shared with all other app users.
- Standard Settings
- Click Save
- The Content tab will differ depending on whether the app type selected is Forms List or Tiles
Forms List Content: Add a Form or Info Page to Current App Content
Tiles Content: Add and modify Navigation Tiles
- Forms List Content: Add a Form or Info Page to Current App Content
- On the Customize tab, add banner images, color themes, and additional styling
- Menu Items: Customize the menu items and screens available in your app (Forms List app types)
- Banner Image: Add a custom banner image to your app
- Color Theme: Customize the colors displayed in your app
- Buttons: Customize the label and icon displayed for buttons in your App.
- Advanced Styling: Add custom CSS to your forms
Add and manage Users for the app
- Integrate with a SAML SSO Provider: Enable to authenticate and authorize app users with your own SAML provider
- User Session Configuration: Configure the user's session and token expiration times.
Delete an App
- You must have at least 1 app in your account.
- When deleting an app, ensure you remove any allocated forms from the Content page before trying to delete the app.
- Navigate to Apps
- Click the action menu (three-dot icon) next to the app you would like to remove
- Select Delete
- Click Delete on the pop-up that says "Are you sure you want to delete [App Name]?"