When an app is created a subdomain is set for the app.
- URL: https://(account name)-(app subdomain)-(environment name).app.oneblink.io
- Account Name: The name assigned to your organization's account (name or acronym of the organization)
- App Subdomain: This can be anything, usually the name or shortened version of the app name (myapp)
- Environment Name: The name of the environment the app is in (test, dev, etc.). The environment name will not be included for apps in the production environment. View more information on Environments.
You can also set custom domains for apps, removing the need to include any references to the Account, Environment, or CivicPlus. This article walks through how to create those custom domains as well as remove any existing custom domains.
Add a Custom Domain
- Create an App
- Select Manage to open the App Details page
- Click Set Custom Domain (globe icon)
- Type the Domain Name you would like to use
Note: This must be a domain that you own and have access to.
- Click Save
- Follow the Next Steps to add the provided Name Server values to your parent domain
- Once the domain is ready the Custom Domain Name Status will update showing that the domain is ready to be used
Remove a Custom Domain
- Navigate to My Apps
- Click Manage on the desired app
- Select See Custom Domain Status on the App Details screen
- Click Delete
- Select Delete on the pop-up that asks you to confirm. The custom domain will be removed and the original app domain will be reinstated.