As part of the form configuration, you can add workflows to the form. The Workflow tab displays the various events that can be added to each stage of the workflow, along with the order of actions for the workflow events.
Skip to Topics in This Article
Draft events run when a user saves the form as a draft. You may need to first set up Draft Data Retention in order to enable drafts.
The following Event Types are available:
- Email + PDF: Send an email to a configured email address, and attach a PDF report of the form submission.
- Email: Send an email to a configured email address.
- Freshdesk - Create Ticket: Create a ticket within the Freshdesk ticketing portal.
- Freshdesk - Add Note to Ticket: Update an existing ticket in the Freshdesk ticketing portal.
- HCMS: With CivicOptimize's integration to the CivicPlus HCMS, create and manage all your content and data from our integrated platform.
- Webhook - Hosted API: Call a hosted API to link to any backend system
- Webhook - Custom URL: CivicOptimize will send a request to this URL on successful form submission. This is an advanced feature used for integration purposes.
- Micro Focus Content Manager: Use the Micro Focus Content Manager integration to post your form submission data to your Micro Focus backend system containers and assign actions.
Scheduling Events can be added to a form to ensure that the person filling out the form will be able to choose an available date and time upon submission.
After setting up the CivicPlus Pay integration, you can add Payment Events to forms. Payment events allow users to process transactions as part of the form submission.
Submission events run when the user clicks the submit button. The same Event Types for Draft Events are available for Submission Events.
Approval workflows ensure form submissions are reviewed by a specified approver before any approval events are triggered. Learn how to add an approval flow to a form.
Approval events run when the final step in an approval flow has been approved. The same Event Types for Draft and Submission Events are available for Approval Events.
Additional Workflow Functionality
Submission Data Injection
Several event fields can be customized with content from the form. Select the question mark next to the field for example values.
In the example below, the submission event will pull the email address the submitter filled out in the Email element of the form and will send a confirmation email to that address.
Similar to how conditional logic works for displaying hidden form elements, conditional logic can also be set on the workflow event. Meaning that the workflow event will only run when the configured conditions are met in the form. With this, you can add varied workflow events that can be used for several use cases, such as escalating emails, different payment paths, etc.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.