This article will show you how to view and extract the submission history for a form. This functionality is now separate from the Forms management screen and can be used to filter submissions by specific apps and forms. By default, this menu will display all submissions for the environment.
What to Do With the Data
- Submission items cannot be deleted from the history log, however, you should set up a Submission Data Retention Policy to specify how long submission data should be stored. You will not be able to download submission data from the Submission History screen until you set up a retention policy.
- You will need the Submission Data permission to view the submissions tab. If your role does not have this permission then the submissions tab will not be accessible.
- Navigate to Submissions
- If needed, use the filters to narrow down the results
- App: Select a specific app to view submissions for
- Form: View submissions for a specific form
Note: Some functionality such as mass replays and extracts are only available when filtering to a specific form.
- Submissions After/Before: Set a date range for when the form was submitted
Note: You will need to select a Submissions After date in order to extract the submission history.
- Submission Id: All submissions generate a 32-character unique identifier referred to as a Submission Id. You can use the submission Id search to find a specific submission.
- External Id: These are also referred to as Receipt IDs. They can be generated using the Personalisation and Receipt Generation endpoint or by being added directly to the URL. These are usually generated via API and are a more human-readable number to reference the submission. These can also be used to search for a specific submission.
- Click Refresh
- View the submission history results
- Submission Date Time: The date and time the form was submitted
- Submitted By: The user who submitted the form
- App: The name of the App the form is tied to
- Form Name: The name of the form
- Submission Id: The unique id for that form submission
- Workflow Status: The Workflow Status pop-up allows you to view all events for your submission. You are able to see what failed, what succeeded, and the current status of the submission. If there are any failed events you will be able to investigate the error logs to diagnose the issue, and even replay the failed events. If there is an Approval Flow set up on the form you are also able to view the current approval status.
- Replay workflow events: If a submission fails you are able to replay the specific submission events that have failed
- Download submission as PDF event: Each submission has a PDF button that can be used to generate a PDF of the original submission. This PDF does not include any payment or approval form information.
- Click on a submission to view the form data that was submitted for that item
Note: A pop-up will appear if you have not configured a Form Submission Data Retention Policy. Submission data cannot be viewed from the Submission History screen until the policy has been set up.
- Click Extract to download a JSON file of the submission history
Note: You will need to select a Form and a date in the Submissions After filter in order to extract data.
- This will send an email to your logged-in email address, where you can download the form data