This article will show you how to configure the Submission Data Retention Policy. Submission Data is collected when someone completes a form. The Retention Policy can be set to "Do not store" (default), it can be stored forever, or it can be stored for any number of days. In order to activate a Retention Policy, you must agree to store data as per the Data Storage Disclaimer.
Submission Data Retention Policies can also be set per form. This allows you to have a global retention policy of 365 days, but a specific form can have a retention policy of "Do not Store". Any Retention Policy duration can be set on a form as long as it is less than the Global Retention Policy duration. Meaning if the Global Retention Policy is set to 7 days, the form Retention Policy cannot be set to more than 7 days.
- You will not be able to download submission data from the Submission History screens until you set up a retention policy.
- Navigate to the Account tab
- Select Edit Policy on the Submission Data card
- Check Yes, store submission data to store submission data in accordance with our Data Storage Disclaimer
- To change the submission data retention policy, select Custom
- Specify the number of Days the submission data should be stored or select Forever to have it stored indefinitely
- Click Save
- To set a Data Retention Policy for a specific form, select + Add Retention Policy in the Form Policies section
- Select a Form from the drop-down
- Choose to store submission data based on the Data Storage Disclaimer and set the number of days the submission data should be stored for the form
- Note: The Retention Policy for the form can not exceed the number of days set in the global Submission Data policy above.
- Click Save