The Freshdesk integration allows for easy connectivity between your CivicOptimize forms and your Freshdesk system. Once configured, any form can be used to create tickets in your Freshdesk account.
- Navigate to Advanced Tools > Integrations
- Click Setup Integration on the Freshdesk card
- Add your Freshdesk Base URL and Agent API key
- Note: If you are using a custom domain for your portal you will need to use the original URL (yourcompany.freshdesk.com).
- Note: An Agent API key can be found by clicking the agent icon in the top right of your Freshdesk portal and selecting profile settings.
- Click Save
- Navigate to Forms
- Open the desired form
- Click the Workflow tab
- Select the Freshdesk: Create Ticket Submission Event
- Select the Freshdesk Option
- Configure your ticket properties
Note: When mapping the properties on the submission event, you will be presented with a manual input depending on the type of property. For example, text properties will give you a free text input, date properties will give you a date picker, dropdown properties will display from the list of available options, etc. Once these are set, the properties will be the same for every submission.
Note: Properties that are required when setting up the workflow if the property has a “Required when submitting the form” check turned on for either the agent or the customer. You can see this configuration in your Freshdesk Ticket Fields menu. If these are not set then that property does not need to be set in the submission event.
- Click Save
- Once the submission event is configured, any submission of the form will create a Freshdesk ticket in your account.
- Note: All form elements are included in the ticket description, ensuring that all the data from the form is available in the Freshdesk ticket. Attachments are included in the description as downloadable links, these will last for 7 days before they expire.
Instead of manually selecting or entering the value of the property on the submission event, you can populate them from the elements in your form. In the example below, the property is being set by the person completing the form. If you have a dropdown Freshdesk property, you can pull the list of options from your Freshdesk account. This can be done using the Freshdesk fields options as per the priority example below. Configuring the submission event this way allows the person filling in the form to set the Freshdesk ticket properties such as specifying the priority of the ticket.