The Freshdesk Add Note to Ticket integration allows for easy connectivity between your CivicOptimize forms and your Freshdesk system. Once configured, any CivicOptimize form can be used to add a note to an existing ticket in your Freshdesk account.
Set Up the Integration
- Navigate to Advanced Tools and select Integrations
- Click Setup Integration on the Freshdesk card
- Add your Freshdesk Base URL and Agent API key
Note: If you are using a custom domain for your portal you will need to use the original URL (yourcompany.freshdesk.com). An Agent API key can be found by clicking the agent icon in the top right of your Freshdesk portal and selecting profile settings. The Agent API Key used for this integration will appear as the one adding notes to tickets. The suggestion is to add an Agent to your Freshdesk account with a generic name for example "CivicOptimize Form". This way when new notes are added to tickets you know they are created from the CivicOptimize form instead of appearing as though they were added by an agent.
- Click Save
Set Up the Workflow Event
- Navigate to Forms
- Open the desired form
- Select the Workflow tab
- Add the Freshdesk: Add Note to Ticket event to the form
- Run Conditionally: Choose to only run the event when a specific rule is met
- Click Save
Set Up Freshdesk
To ensure that the forms submitted are updating the correct Freshdesk tickets, you will need to configure your Freshdesk Account.
- Click the more info button on your Freshdesk: Add Note To Ticket event. Select the app you are going to use for the form (if you only have one app this selection is hidden), and copy the Freshdesk Canned Response Template
- Open your Freshdesk Account and navigate to Admin and select Canned Responses
- Click Create New
- Add a Response Title and paste in the Canned Response Template from Step 1
Note: It is important that the canned response includes the full link to the form. This includes the external ID that connects the form submission to the Freshdesk ticket.
- Click Save
- Now when a new ticket is created, your agents will be able to select this canned response. This can be done by clicking Reply, selecting Canned Response, and clicking Insert canned response. Click Send to send the canned response and form link to the requester.
- The Requester will receive an email with the link to the form
- Once the form is completed and submitted the content from the form will be added as a public note to the ticket