This article walks through how to add a submission event to a form using the Email + PDF or Email event types. Learn more about Submission Events.
- Navigate to Forms
- Select a form
- Click the Workflow tab
- Select Submission Events and click Add Submission Event
- Select Email + PDF or Email as the Event Type
- Add the Email Addresses by typing them into the field and hitting Enter. You can include multiple email addresses and can also choose to CC or Bcc email recipients.
Note: Learn how to use Submission Data Injection to send an email to the user who submitted the form.
- Complete the remaining Submission Event fields, as needed
Note: Fields will differ depending on the Event Type chosen. Several fields allow submission data injection. Select the question mark next to the field for example values.
- Label: Add an optional label to the submission event
- Exclude Elements: This allows you to remove elements from the PDF that may not be relevant to this recipient
- Email Subject Line: Enter the desired subject line of the email
- PDF File Name: Enter the desired name for the PDF attachment
- Use email template: Toggle on to select an existing email template from the drop-down menu
- Display submission ID in PDF: Turning this on will ensure the submission ID is added as a footer to each page of the PDF
- Display external ID in PDF: Include the External Id/Receipt Id in the footer of the PDF
- Include payment details in PDF: Toggle on to add a page break after the form content and include the payment receipt information
- Page break on form pages: Turning this on will create a page break in the PDF that reflects the page breaks in the form itself
- Run Conditionally: Set conditional parameters for the submission event
- Click Save